Bananas are sweet and tasty fruits. These attract you toward them. They have an appealing aroma. Bananas are consumed by people all over the world. They have green color when they are unripe. Once, they are ripe the color changes to yellow. These have a bright yellow to dull yellow color.
The appearance of bananas can be changed in different region of world. Pet owners also buy bananas for them; sometimes they want to share them with your pet dog as it begs them with its adorable eyes. The question is that can you give your dog banana? Many people have different opinions but the common answer to it can be observed below.
Table of Contents
- 1 CAN DOGS EAT BANANA?
- 1.1 CAN DOGS EAT BANANA PEELS?
- 1.1.1 COULD YOU GIVE BANANA FOR DOG UPSET STOMACH?
- 1.1.2 ARE BANANAS BAD FOR DOGS TO EAT?
- 1.1.3 SOME EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES:
- 1.1.4 Banana pancakes:
- 1.1.5 Other than these, you can also make them
- 1.1.6 CONCLUSION:
- 1.1 CAN DOGS EAT BANANA PEELS?
CAN DOGS EAT BANANA?
The answer to this question is, YES. Indeed, dogs can eat bananas and they benefit them. Bananas are healthy not only for humans but also for dogs.
Banana is a nutritious fruit. These contain vitamin C, B6 and potassium. Potassium is beneficial for dog’s health. It is a mineral and electrolyte that aids in regulating the enzymes in body. Banana is low in sodium. Bananas are healthy for both humans and dogs. You can give banana to your dog in raw form or they can be baked and cooking.
CAN DOGS EAT BANANA PEELS?
The answer is a bit confusing but the best for your adorable dog is to peel the skin off. The peel of bananas can cause choking as it is not soft as the flesh. Other than this, there can be particles of pesticides on it. It is said that the peel has high content of fiber that can cause stomach problems to your dog.
Some people saw their dog eating banana peels and it does not cause any harm to them but the best option for your dog is to eat peeled off banana. Banana peels have the power to treat fungal allergies.
COULD YOU GIVE BANANA FOR DOG UPSET STOMACH?
Banana is a good and healthy fruit also it can benefit your dog while it is having upset stomach. Banana contains a lot of enzymes. It aids in subsiding the inflammation in colon in stomach. The spasms that are caused because of this condition can also be treated by giving bananas.
You can also give your pooch banana with rice. It will soothe its aching stomach. Banana is long known for its antacid effects, it prevents the ulcers. Banana mixed with milk can treat excess stomach secretions. These can also treat wounds inside the body.
ARE BANANAS BAD FOR DOGS TO EAT?
Bananas are not bad for dogs. These benefit your dog in many ways. Excess quantity of banana can cause problems like gastrointestinal pain besides gas problems can also be caused.
Anything thing that is consumed in large amounts causes problems, eating more banana can also be a problem for your dog.
The reason is the sugar content and fiber in banana, large amounts of these can cause discomfort to your dogs.
Always give small amounts of banana to your dog.
SOME EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES:
Bananas are healthy for dogs and they love to eat them. No matter in which form you give them, they will eat it. Giving dogs’ banana in raw form is good but you can also make them different treats. Here are some easy and healthy treats that you can easily make and feed to your dog.
- Banana pancake
- Banana and strawberry smoothie
- Banana with peanut butter
- Banana with yogurt
- Banana sandwich
- Banana biscuits
One of the easy and tasty treats for dogs, your pooch will surely love it.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- First of all peel the bananas.
- Chop them and put the slices in a bowl.
- Now add the eggs, honey and cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients and smash the bananas.
- Put the frying pan on the stove, add a little oil.
- Use biscuit cutters; place them in the fry pan.
- Pour the mixture in them.
- Fry them until they are golden brown.
- Now, feed these yummy pancakes to your dog.
Banana and strawberry smoothie
This drink can be consumed by dogs and humans both.
- 2 chopped bananas
- 1 cup of sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup or half cup yogurt
- Half cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- Take all the ingredients and add them in a juicer or blender.
- Blend them thoroughly.
- Your smoothie is ready.
- Fill your dog’s cup with it and see it drinking and licking it feverishly.
Banana with peanut butter:
Peanut butter is healthy even dogs like peanut butter. The name is reflecting that there will be only two ingredients.
- Smash a banana and add a tablespoon or half of peanut butter in it.
- Now mix them and feed it to your dog.
Banana with yogurt:
It is easy to serve your dog banana and yogurt.
- All you have to do is chopping and smashing the banana and then mixing it with yogurt. It will make your dog happy.
Banana sandwiches are another way of treating your dogs,
- 1 Banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry
- 2 hot dog buns
Steps to prepare:
- Take the buns and apply peanut butter on both sides.
- Place the banana in between the buns.
- Now apply raspberry on the sandwich.
These are simple and easy treats to can offer your dog.
Other than these, you can also make them
- Banana with cheese
- Banana and oat muffins
- Banana biscuits
You can give them these as treats once or twice a week as a lot of bananas can cause a problem.
Many pet owners wander that can dogs eat banana? Yes they can eat this yummy fruit but for preventing any problem peel off the banana and give it to your dog in small or moderate amounts.